Wednesday, January 4, 2012

To Farm or Not to Farm


So I have been very excited for about a week now because said we could go ahead and get a farm!!!!!!!! Well, we found 20 acres in Fillmore, UT for $10k and were beside ourselves at how cheap it was. (was? (say wu uz?)) So yesterday we took James out of school early (and during computer lab no less) and rounded up the family for a road trip. We met the realtor and followed him out to the property. It was better than I had hoped. 1/4 mile by 1/8 of a mile and it could all be mine. We figured to take out a loan from our retirement to buy it outright. They said the seller really liked that and they pretty much told the other two potential buyers to give up, one of which did. Drum roll please..............................






Well, I called my retirement people and they said I couldn't take out anymore money because I already did to fix the suburban a year and a half ago.
LET DOWN.............................................
So,,, I guess we won't be getting a farm anytime soon. Good news is that we can still farm on my Dad's property until it gets developed.
Maybe my next post should be about the stinking stock market;)

No comments:

Post a Comment